Summer is officially here! That means pool parties and backyard BBQs, of course, but for the homeowner it also means the dreaded mosquito season has arrived. The American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA) has declared this week of June 23-29, 2019 as National Mosquito Control Awareness Week. Mosquito-borne diseases are more prevalent than ever before and the height of mosquito season is fast approaching. There are numerous ways for you to help your customers declare independence from hungry mosquitos who want nothing more than our blood for their next meal. As a pest professional, be sure to reach out to your community and customers to educate them on mosquito prevention.
As you treat your customers homes take a look around their property making recommendations to help them create a mosquito-free zone:
1. Dispose of any tires – Mosquitos lay eggs in the standing water that often collects in tires. It is a safer place as the water in the tires can withstand heavy storms and acts as an insulation.
2. Drill holes in the bottom of trash and recycling containers – We don’t always realize it, but water can collect in our trash cans. Drilling holes keeps water from collecting in these common areas.
3. Clear roof gutters of debris – Mosquitos don’t need much water in which to lay their eggs. Even the small amount that collects in roof gutters can be the perfect place for eggs to hatch.
4. Clean pet water dishes regularly – If you leave water outside for your pet, be sure to change it daily. This is not only a good idea for the health of your pet, but also to keep mosquitos from laying eggs and spreading in your backyard.
5. Empty children’s toys – Beach buckets, pint-size toy trucks, and tea party sets left outside in the rain should be checked and cleaned regularly. Mosquitos could be preparing to hatch inside these often forgotten items.
6. Repair leaky outdoor faucets – The water from these faucets quickly collects and is just enough.
7. Change the water in bird baths at least once a week – A bird bath is great for the birds and perfect for mosquito breeding. Clean out baths each week to avoid problems.
The goal of pest control professionals should be to prevent the spread of mosquitos throughout our public health landscape. One of the best ways is with green mosquito control such as ER-3 by EcoRaider. ER-3 is a green, triple-action breakthrough mosquito formula that knocks down adult mosquito populations, kills adults, kills larvae to prevent future generations and acts as a barrier by spatial repellency to keep mosquitoes from the area. ER-3 is ideal for all mosquito and general pest control needs: affordable, reduces treatment time and has no restrictions. ER-3 is complete mosquito control with one single product.
In a crowded market, EcoRaider ER-3 stands out above the rest with a solution that can increase mosquito program revenues with a green, 25b exempt product that does not require spray notifications. Click here for more information, request a free product test run, or visit your local pest supplies distributor to buy today.